Two wastewater samples in Tairāwhiti have tested positive for COVID-19.
There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Tairāwhiti at this time.
Further tests are being carried out to determine if there is undetected community transmission of the virus in our region.
If you haven’t had your first COVID-19 vaccination, or are due to have your second dose, then please do this as soon as possible.
We encourage anyone who has cold or flu-like symptoms and who has had any out of district exposure (eg. Have travelled to Auckland recently, close contact of a positive case, or have visited a location of interest) to get tested immediately for COVID-19.
Please ONLY get tested if you meet this criteria.
This weekend you can get vaccinated at the following locations with no appointment required:
- Te Tini o Porou, corner of Huxley road and Tindall road: 9am – 5pm
- Drive-through at Harry Barker Reserve (enter from Gladstone road): 10am – 7pm
- Community vaccination clinic 295 Palmerston Road (walk in): 9am – 5pm
- Patutahi clinic (at the Patutahi Hall) drive-through clinic 10am – 2pm (Sunday only)
- Ruatoria clinic (at the Community Health Centre) from 9am - 3pm
Testing is available this Saturday and Sunday at a drive-through set up at 110 Peel Street from 9am - 5pm, no appointment required.
Please be vigilant. We need our community here in Te Tairāwhiti to get tested and vaccinated. It is the best defence against COVID-19.