He mihi aroha tenei kia koutou e kaha nei ki te whai ake i te hauora mo tatou katoa.
Kei roto i te pukapuka nei nga whakamaramatanga mo tenei mahi.
Tirohia pataingia kia marama ai koe/korua/koutou mo tenei ahuatanga.
No reira kai kaha kia manawanui.
Who is the Whānau Ora Pakeke?
Taina Ngarimu (left) - Community-based | Pita Paul (right)- Hospital-based
Tena koe me te whanau kua tau nei ki roto ite Mana Hauora o te Tairāwhiti.
Ahakoa kua pangia koe ki te mate, mepupuri tonu koe ki nga tohutohu a o tatoumatua tipuna i tuku mai ki a matou kia oraai
Te Taha Tinana - Te Taha Hinengaro Te Taha Wairua - Te Taha Whānau
What is the role of the Whānau Ora Pakeke?
- To assist tangata turoro during their stay in hospital with the following:
- Assist turoro, whananu and clinicians with admission and discharge planning, ensuring the needs of the turoro and whanau are met where possible.
- Provide general - in house information Participate with appropriate assessment of turoro and that this is inclusive of tikanga Māori
- Assist turoro and whānau to understand your diagnosis and prognosis plus any other queries you have
- To work with multi-disciplinary teams in the hospital for the inclusion of culturally safe and appropriate intervention and care plans
- To utilise te reo for those patients that wish to communicate in te reo
- To organise and facilitate hui between turoro, whanāu and clinicians and advocate outcomes that are mutually agreeable
- To ensure that the Mana, Rangatiratanga and cultural practices of the turoro and their whānau are maintained as much as possible within the hospital environment.
- To normalise Tikanga Best Practice within the hospital to ensure that you enjoy good care and comfort.
How to contact the Whanau Ora Pakeke
Monday to Friday
9.00am to 12.30pm
Ask your nurse, doctor or social worker to contact extension 8876
If you are dissatisfied please contact:
Complaints and Advice (06) 869 0528
HDC Adnet 0800 112 233
Health Consumer Services 862 7762
Please read the pamphlet "Consumers Rights" published by the Health & Disability Commissioner