If you have concerns about your health or the health of others please call the national COVID-19 hotline on 0800 358 5453
How do I protect myself and my family?
Everyone should protect themselves from the virus, as you would for the flu. The most important thing to stop COVID-19 reaching Te Tairawhiti is community vigilance
- If you are sick, stay home
- Avoid close contact with people who are not in your bubble.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Do not visit patients in Gisborne Hospital if you are unwell
Resources for health professionals
Novel coronavirus fact sheets and guidance are on the Ministry of Health website. See the resources for health professionals page
Advice for travellers
Travellers arriving in New Zealand are required to self isolate for 14 days. See the Advice for travellers page. For people travelling outside of New Zealand, please see the government's SafeTravel website.