He mihi Tena koe/korua/koutou
He mihi aroha tenei kia koutou e kaha nei ki te whai ake i te hauora mo tatou katoa. Kei roto i te pukapuka nei nga whakamaramatanga mo tenei mahi. Tirohia pataingia kia marama ai koe/korua/koutou mo tenei ahuatanga. No reira kai kaha kia manawanui.
Who is the kaiatawhai?
No Ngati Porou ia Tena koe me te whanau kua tau nei ki roto i te Mana Hauora o te Tairawhiti. Ahakoa kua pangia koe ki te mate, me pupuri tonu koe ki nga tohutohu a o tatou matua tipuna i tuku mai ki a matou kia ora ai Te Taha Tinana - Te Taha Hinengaro Te Taha Wairua - Te Taha Whanau
What is the role of the Kaiatawhai?
- To assist tangata turoro during their stay in hospital with the following:
- Assist turoro, whanau and clinicians with admission and discharge planning, ensuring the needs of the turoro and whanau are met where possible.
- Provide general - in house information
Participate with appropriate assessment of:
- turoro and that this is inclusive of tikanga Maori
- Assist turoro and whanau to understand your diagnosis and prognosis plus any other queries you have
- To work with multi-disciplinary teams in the hospital for the inclusion of culturally safe and appropriate intervention and care plans
- To utilise te reo for those patients that wish to communicate in te reo
- To organise and facilitate hui between turoro, whanāu and clinicians and advocate outcomes that are mutually agreeable
- To ensure that the Mana, Rangatiratanga and cultural practices of the turoro and their whanau are maintained as much as possible within the hospital environment.
- To normalise Tikanga Best Practice within the hospital to ensure that you enjoy good care and comfort.
How to contact the Kaiatawhai
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm Ask your nurse, doctor or social worker to contact her on pager number 176.
If you are dissatisfied please contact: Complaints and Advice (06) 869 0528 HDC Adnet 0800 112 233 Health Consumer Services 862 7762
Please read the pamphlet "Consumers Rights" published by the Health & Disability Commissioner