COVID-19 vaccination rollout
The COVID-19 vaccination rollout is currently underway in Tairāwhiti. Border workers and their household contacts are part of Group 1; the first group to get vaccinated. This is due to their regular contact with people from overseas. Our local team of COVID-19 vaccinators are also being vaccinated as part of this first group.
We are now in the process of vaccinating Group 2; our frontline workers. This will be followed by vulnerable people, who are next in line as part of Group 3.
The rollout of the vaccination programme to the general public is expected to start by July 2021.
This page will be updated as more detail about the rollout sequencing is made available.
Misinformation about COVID-19 and the vaccine
If you become aware of any campaigns or information targeting New Zealanders asking for personal information or payment for receiving the vaccine, please report this misinformation to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: COVID-19 scam) or call 0800 237 869.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is free, and at no point will you be asked to pay for securing your place in the queue.
- Any communications about the vaccine will come from the Ministry of Health or other trusted sources. If you receive any emails out of the blue asking for financial and personal details, it is likely a scam.
- The best way you can help stop these scams affecting New Zealanders is to report them to CERT NZ. You can also do this via the CERT NZ website: www.cert.govt.nz or by calling 0800 2378 69
Questions about the vaccine?
For a list of frequently asked questions about the vaccine, visit the Immunisation Advisory Centre website.
You can also find questions and answers in this COVID-19 Vaccination Information Booklet, which is specific to Tairāwhiti and has been approved by the Ministry of Health.
You can find more about how the vaccine works, its safety and development, advice if you're pregnant and what to think about if you're getting other vaccines around the same time.
If you're looking for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations, here are some official sources that are a good place to start:
- The Unite Against COVID-19 website
- The Ministry of Health website
- Tairāwhiti COVID-19 Vaccination Information Booklet