Food complaints, excluding complaints about food poisoning, should be made to the Ministry for Primary Industries.
Examples of food complaints include:
- foreign objects in food
- food with incorrect or misleading labelling
- food sold past its use-by date
- undeclared allergens in food.
Food premise hygiene complaints
Complaints about unhygienic food premises, or unhygienic practices by people handling food, should be made to an environmental health officer at your local council.
Examples of these type of complaints include:
- presence of vermin
- poor personal hygiene by people handling food
- visibly unclean premises
- poor food handling and hand-hygiene.